South Africa Package
Duration : 8 Days
Destination : Cape Town – Oudtshoorn – Knysna – George – Johannesburg
Arrival Cape Town
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport, meet by representative and transfer to hotel. Cape Town is one of the most popular long haul destinations in the world. Due to its unique topography, it is also one of the easiest places in which to orientate oneself as long as you remember that with Table Mountain behind you and Robben Island before you; you are facing north, looking across Table Bay and up the west coast of Africa. Overnight at Hotel
Cape Town - City Tour
After breakfast leave on a half-day City tour. You will go for a scenic coastal drive through Clifton & Sea Point & later the tour passes the Houses of Parliament, the Castle, the SA Museum, and a few other historical sights – District Six, Bo-Kaap, Slave Lodge & ending at the bustling Greenmarket Square. A cable car ride, takes you up the Table Mountain (weather permitting otherwise Signal Hill) for a breathtaking view over the city (entrance is included) Return to your hotel for overnight stay.
Cape Town - Peninsula Tour
After breakfast at the hotel. Depart on a full day Peninsula tour.This comprehensive tour shows you the best of the spectacular Cape Peninsula and why it is it's called the Fairest Cape. Travel past Sea Point and Camps Bay, past the famous beaches of Clifton and Llandudno towards Hout Bay. Drive along the Atlantic Seaboard. Pass through Noordhoek and Scarborough. Later you will take to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve. Enjoy the funicular ride aboard the “Flying Dutchman” and enjoy the unforgettable spectacular views. Later get the photo opportunity to take some pictures at the second southern most tip of the African continent. Visit the beautiful Boulders Beach, and have the option to sit among the famous colony of Jackass Penguins. Thereafter we enjoy a short stop at the naval port of Simon's Town and know about the legend of “Able Seaman Just Nuisance” the Great Dane Dog that was inducted in Royal Navy. Return to the hotel. Overnight at Hotel
Cape Town – Oudtshoorn
After breakfast leave for Oudtshoorn. It is known as the ‘Feather Capital of the World’ thanks to its huge ostrich industry. Visit a working Ostrich farm and take pictures on board an Ostrich. On way you will visit a crocodile Park where you have opportunity to take pictures with Cheetah. In Oudtshoorn you go underground to marvel at the icy formations in the Cango Caves, regarded as one of South Africa’s most spectacular natural wonders. Check into hotel and spend rest of evening in the comfort of your hotel. Overnight at Hotel.
Oudtshoorn - Knysna
After breakfast you leave for Knysna. Arrive in Knysna, later you will go on a cruise on the vast Knysna Lagoon. Enjoy an amazing view of the imposing sandstone ‘Heads’ which guard the sea entrance to Knysna’s huge tidal lagoon, and the forests, marshes and pristine beaches surrounding it. After lunch (own account) spend the rest of the day discovering the joys of the town’s many art galleries, craft shops and coffee bars. Afternoon, you check into the hotel. Overnight at Hotel
Knysna – George - Johannesburg
After breakfast leave for George for a flight to Johannesburg. On arrival you are met by representative for a transfer to pre booked hotel. Johannesburg was originally a mining camp, literally in the middle of nowhere. Today it is a major modern metropolis, and the commercial centre of South Africa’s economy. The museums in the centre of town provide a valuable heritage of the history of the nation. Overnight at Hotel.
After breakfast you will leave for a Gold Reef City tour (Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays). Where you will see reconstruction of Johannesburg during the Gold Rush era, built around a mine. Activities include a Victorian fun fair, miners' houses, brewery, pubs, restaurants and stock exchange. You can watch molten gold being poured and take a trip down an old mine shaft. Tribal dancing adds to the fun. After the tour you check in the hotel. Overnight at hotel.
After breakfast, transfer to OR Tambo International for flight back home.
South Africa is a country on the southernmost tip of the African continent, marked by several distinct ecosystems. Inland safari destination Kruger National Park is populated by big game. The Western Cape offers beaches, lush winelands around Stellenbosch and Paarl, craggy cliffs at the Cape of Good Hope, forest and lagoons along the Garden Route, and the city of Cape Town, beneath flat-topped Table Mountain.
- All ground transportation by private vehicle
- Airport Pick up and drop off by private vehicle
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included (Veg only)
- Drinking water included
- Emergency evacuations/Rescue expenses, if required.
- Any extra nights stayed due to bad weather, early arrivals, etc.
- Expenses of personal nature
- Personal horse and Helper during Kailash round/ Parikrama
- Travel & Medical Insurance Permissions and other official formalities
- You are advised to own a small waist pouch or document bag to manage the following documents properly;
- Passport with Photo copies, Photographs, Identity card, Diary for addresses, contacts, small notes etc.
- Ball pens with spare refills Maps/Charts/Books etc.
- Travel Cheques, credit cards & Currency.
- Airline/Railway tickets/vouchers.
- Any other document for personal purposes.
- Big bag for putting your equipment and others
- A small light trek bag
- Water bottle / Thermos flask for hot water (1 liter).
- Enough clothing for the whole Yatra including 3 pairs trek suits/leisure wear/jogging troushers/4 to 5tea shirts/2 polar flees one light quilted /shirts/poloneck/salwar kameez etc. Do not over load.
- Wool socks (around 4 pairs), thick tights, wool monkey cap, scarves, warm light gloves, scarf.
- Wool/thermal long underwear
- Rain wear (Umbrella or Raincoat)
- Sports comfortable shoes/trainers (Good one Nike, Adidas etc). Have a spare one too
- A pair of light Sleepers
- Toileteries kit (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toilet rolls, towels etc).
- Sun screen lotion/cream
- facial tissues, wet once,
- Tourch/Candle/match box/lighter/batteries
- Plastic mug
- Dusk masks/face masks
Personal & General Items To Make Your Journey Enjoyable
- Any regular medicines that you take
- Dark Sunglasses
- Your favourite food which will keep you going including Nuts, biscuits, powder juice
- Kapoor/Vicks/Inhaler etc
- Binoculars/Camera/extra batteries
- Milk powder for tea
First Aid Kit – Also Include
- First aid kit (typical backpacking kit for minor injuries/ our guide also will carry).
- Diamox/Aspirin/pain killers
- Lip balm/Mustard oil/Vaseline
- TCP, salt, mint, Vicks for sore throats